
This year, I have been reading through the Bible and in a few days I'll reach the half way mark. I like to do this about every 3rd or 4th year. I started out this year loving my time of reading each day. I even got some Bible maps of the areas I was reading about- to really get into it and so it would help me even more to identify with places and events. It is the first time I have done the Chronological Order and I've enjoyed it alot as it has given me some new insight and freshness. Somedays I've found myself even reading ahead.
But I have to admit this past month- it has not been as meaningful. I've been busy and had a hard time focusing on some days. I find myself wanting to read other places from what that days reading is. I'm considering stopping at the 6 month mark and then finishing it next year. I just don't want my time in the Word to be something that I'm doing just because I've made the commitment- because honestly it can just become words. I've never stopped like this-- so I'm not sure yet how I feel about this decision. I know our upcoming summer months will be really busy and we will be at some conferences where I may want to feed on other scripture. Anybody else ever experience this and have some advice?
Earl started reading the chronological Bible ever since he began undergoing surgeries two years ago.
ReplyDeleteHe is currently using the New Living Translation Chronological Bible.
When he was so foggy from drugs this Bible carried him through many dark hours of pain. (Well we know it was really God's Holy Spirit :) susie