There's alot of excitement in my heart right now. I leave in a little bit to pick up our very special guests at the Bangkok airport. It is my cousin and her husband, Kyle and Betty Bergen. I'm so excited for them to get here that I can hardly stand it. Betty and I grew up really close, in fact our relationship is probably more like sisters than distant cousins. We were the same age and spent alot of time with each other through every age of life. Somehow our combination of personalities sort of gave us a reputation of being very... rambunctious??? I once heard that the counsellors at the camp that we went to every summer, would fight over who had to have us in their cabin. Even throughout our adult years, we've remained very close. Our family has visited at their house many times, but she has never been to Asia to visit our life here. The dream has finally come through for both of us. We have alot planned for them. They are bringing suitcases of clothes and toys to give out on the islands and orphanages. We also have some opportunities for them to share their testimonies with our students and staff. I'll try to document all the fun activities we have planned over the next few weeks.
We feel a need to ask you to pray for safety and protection here. Last night one of our summer project students from Guam ran through a glass door and ended up having surgery late last night. Yesterday the work project of around 25 people that Mike has been directing this week ended. Today the students went to a waterfall before returning to Bangkok and had a vehicle accident. It rolled their van and some of them are injured, too. We appreciate your prayers for both of these situations.
And great news--- Lori's director wrote us today and told us that Lori is sleeping again and doing much better in the training village. Gotta run and catch my flight to Bangkok.
I am so excited to be the "special guests"!!!
ReplyDelete